To work in partnership with children and persons with disabilities and their families, with a focus on the most marginalized, empowering them to access their rights.
Work and Achievements
While proudly celebrating 25 years of working with children and persons with disabilities and their families in the urban slums of Delhi, Astha has been able to accomplish several milestones;
- It has reached out to over 25,500 persons with disabilities and their families within the urban slums of Delhi
- Enabled more than 350 children with disabilities to access mainstream schools for inclusive education
- Enabled successful establishment of three strong community groups working as agents of change
- The National Disability Helpline has reached out with information to approximately 16,000 families in all states of the country
- Conducted over 650 workshops and over 65 research studies nationally, that have raised awareness about disability issues
- Linked successfully with large issue based coalitions on education, food rights, child rights to include disability concerns
With its 25 years of experience ASTHA now focuses on enabling young children with disabilities to get a HEADSTART in life. The time period of 0to 8 is critical for children born with disabilities or children acquiring disability in early life. Too many young children with disabilities continue to remain isolated and without any support in early life. This is the time that a lot can be done to give the child a HEADSTART in life.
EVERYONE CAN HAVE A HAND IN MAKING A DIFFERENCE. JOIN US IN GIVING CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES A HEADSTART IN LIFE.
Fund Utilisation Statement
The funds will be utilized for supporting rehabilitation, Early Intervention, inclusive education of children with disabilities.