Vidya & Child – A Project under Jayaprakash Narayan Memorial Trust
Vidya & Child works in marginalized communities, exploring the unique potential in each child by providing opportunities for value integrated learning and development.
Work and Achievements
Vidya & Child started in 1998 with 2 children and now works with over 1,600 children across 5 locations in Delhi-NCR and Bihar through its school programme and after school support centres. There are 375 children who have been mainstreamed into formal schools and 110 children have finished Class XII and are all pursuing higher studies across 17 different careers. These children are mostly first-generation learners, from socio-economically marginalized sections of society.
The School Programme Objectives are as follows –
- To provide value based integrated education to first generation learners from low income families for holistic development.
- To create a sense of shared responsibility, motivate parents and internalise the support needed for the education process of a child through school and beyond.
- To provide opportunities through which a child can engage through the life skills curriculum to make responsible choices.
- Provide opportunities for creative exploration in the Arts that can help the child identify the creative potential within.
- Focus on Teacher Enablement to improve teaching learning processes and develop teachers as future leaders of the organization
Fund Utilisation Statement
School Programme – Nursery to Grade 8. To provide value based integrated education to first generation learners from low income families for holistic development.