Pioneer in creating community owned sustainable programs on health, livelihood, micro-finance and education.
Work and Achievements
Nidan, a non-profit organization, was established in 1996. Today, NIDAN on its own and through its offshoots has a presence in almost entire country especially in Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Rajasthan, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi NCR. It has become a leading organization of India serving millions of underprivileged in the area of Education, Water & Sanitation, Skill Development & Livelihood, Health, Waste Management, Renewal Energy, Social Security, Financial Services, Micro Finance, Organizing, Advocacy and Legal Aids & Rights.
We have extended our outreach to over a million urban and rural poor impacting their lives for their rights to education, health, livelihood and financial security, which includes impacting the life of more than 1,12,400 women by their involvement in SHG savings, home based work and co-operative initiatives.
We enabled 52,400 children get education and relieved them from child labour. Skilled 5265 youths through skill training programs and placed them to earn a descent living and provided livelihood to thousands through more than 20 social enterprises.
Awards and Recognition:-
1. Social Entrepreneur of the year by Skoll Foundation and The Schwab Foundation
2. 2011 India Development Market Place, by Word Bank
3. Micro insurance Awards 2007 by ING and Planet Finance, in 2007
4. 1st Bihar Innovation Forum 27-28 Sept 2007 awarded 1st Prize in recognition of innovative work in “Organizing Street Vendors”, by Bihar rural Livelihoods Promotion Society
5. Ashoka and Eisenhower Fellow
Fund Utilisation Statement
Funds will be utilized for maternal & child health care by providing Village Health Sanitation & Nutrition Day (VHSND).