Guru Vishram Vridh Ashram of SHEOWS
We take care helpless old aged found on the streets of Delhi/NCR, those who are struggling for a meal a day and have no family to go to. We give them love, care, food, shelter and health care.
Work and Achievements
Guru VishramVridh Ashram (Old Age Home) is managed by the SHEOWS. SHEOWS (Saint Hardyal Education and Orphan Welfare Society) is registered under registration act 1860 and the foreign contributions (Regulation) act, 1976. It was initiated with only one principle to care and support those who have been neglected by their own beloved ones. It is the remark and reminder of the helpful and humanitarian outlook towards the deserted and abandoned souls that Humanity still exists.
The Ashram tries to take care and support the destitute by instilling in them that they are not alone. Currently, we are taking care of 350 elderly residents in our New Delhi and Garhmukteshwar Ashram. We are pleased to report that we have been maintaining its sheen and status of serving physically and mentally persons by providing them attention and affection. This is just a small Glimpse of the generous work that SHEOWS is putting forward –
- Safe and healthy environment with free shelter, food and clothes.
- Medical Care (Free services) – Immediate SOS treatment. We have a special care unit. We provide Nebulizer, Oxygen concentrator and other lifesaving machines. Full time Doctors, Nurses and care givers. Digital X-ray facility. We have a Pathology lab with 248 blood samples testing and storage. Above all, we have Physiotherapist and Neurologist specially.
- Recreational activities with social involvement – Yoga, Spiritual Healing, Meditation, Music Therapy, Bhajan and Kirtan, Celebrating all the festivals.
Our projects and campaign: Awareness camps and Ashram visits, Share a Meal, Adopt a parent, Medical Aids, Shelter a New Home
Our Awards and Recognitions: -
- SHRAM SAMMAN AWARD 2009,
- WORLD GERIATRICS CARE AWARD 2009,
- PURVANCHALI PRATIBHA SAMMAN AWARD 2011,
- DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD BY ROTARY CLUB 2013,
- MAHATMA GANDHI INTERGENERATIONAL EMPOWERMENT 2015,
Fund Utilisation Statement
The funds raised in the ADHM 2017 will be utilized at our old Ashram for their shelter, food, cloths, medical care and recreational activities