Research, Education and Development (REaD) Foundation
REaD is committed to reaching out and helping the less fortunate people especially in the under developed rural areas in all over India
Work and Achievements
The following are the major programs REaD is involved in --
• REaD Learning Centers: RK Girls Inter College in UP is the first Learning Center started by one of the REaD founders in North India in 1974. as a Junior High School. It is has grown into Inter college & planning to add Inter Science section this year.
• REaD Educational Assistance Program: An Endowment Fund for Education Assistance was setup in 2010 to promote education and vocational training of deserving students in rural and low-income urban areas
• REaD Study Abroad Program: REaD is working with Sage Colleges and RPI in Troy, NY to introduce foreign students to India’s rich history, culture and role as world’s largest democracy thru these programs.
• REaD Health Care Programs: REaD has also focused on promoting several healthcare initiatives in rural UP since 2003, when the first health camp was held at RK Girls College. The objectives of this program include conducting Health Camps, promoting health awareness and handling of emergencies in the communities of Hamirpur and Fatehpur districts in UP.
• Community Development Programs: This Program promotes community development services, partnering with other NGOs in both North and South India. Currently, our North India Team is working in locals in backward villages of Hamirpur.
Our South India Team is partnering with four community service organizations in Bangalore providing grants to support 300+ community members each year offering them food, shelter, healthcare, education, vocational training, counseling etc. The grants for these are managed by REaD USA, with coordination and monitoring conducted by REaD India.
Fund Utilisation Statement
The funds received will be utilized for developing programmes and improving the same