Akshaya Aahara Foundation (R)
Collecting ready/ cooked food from functions to distribute it among the needy at rehabilitation centers, beggars colony, orphanage, slums, railway station, Hospitals in & around Mysore
Work and Achievements
The main focus is to prevent the poor and needy from starvation and create awareness regarding the needless waste of food and to cultivate the habit of preserving food items. We do this through the following:
- Collection of Excess food and cooked food from functions, Marriage halls etc., and distribute it in rehabilitation camps, beggar’s colony, orphanages and slums in and around Mysuru.
- Create awareness among school children and public regarding wastage of food, educate them to prevent wastage and help organizations to save food.
- To conduct `share surplus food’ campaign.
- Save unused food left-over and preserve for distribution among the poor and needy people.
- Establish feeding homes poor and needy people.
- Build a Hunger free India Movement.
Fund Utilisation Statement
To create infrastructure facility and working capital for the sole programme of distribution of food.