Since the last over 11 years, I have been imparting English Language skills to underprivileged children.
I am currently managing the affairs of One Billion Literates Foundation (OBLF) as its Director, on a volunteer basis.
- OBLF – a Registered Charitable Trust, was founded in 2010, with 80G exemption as well as 12A & FVRA Registration.
- Goal - To enable underprivileged children to gain meaningful employment on reaching adulthood.
- Path - Teaching English and computer skills to children of Rural Government Primary schools.
- Strategy – To train and employ Rural women from the same communities to impart the above skills.
- Impact– We impact over 2500 children in 45 rural government primary schools.
- Modus Operandi -
- Sign MOU with State Education Department.
- Adopt Rural Govt. Primary schools with available infrastructure.
- Involve community through employment of local women.
- USP - Cost per child only Rs.3K p.a. & Management costs well under 5 %
- Measurable Outcomes of the impact of our intervention.
- Goal– To continue to impact under-privileged children next academic year.
- Expenses you can sponsor
- Adopting existing school for 1 semester 50,000
- Rural Coordinator’s annual salary 30,000
- One new laptop 25,000
- Rural Coordinator’s salary for 1 semester 15,000
- Annual training for 3 rural children 9,000
- Annual training for 2 rural children 6,000
I look forward to your support.