Pan India organization addressing basic needs of poor. Turning urban discard into rural development resource.
Work and Achievements
Some of the works that we do at Goonj:
- Annually deal with over 3000tones of material; from clothes, school material to old doors, windows and computers.
- Over 2500 development activities taken up under Cloth for work (CFW), in the last year.
- GOONJ’s ‘Rahat’ initiative is known for its systematic approach in large scale relief & rehabilitation work with many innovative approaches.
- Over 4 million sanitary pads produced out of waste cloth & reached to villages/slums across India as a viable solution & powerful tool to open up taboo subject of menses!!
- Over 6,00,000Kgs of throw away waste cloth converted into traditional mattress/quilt (Sujni) as large scale income generation activity in villages
To know more about Goonj, kindly refer.. http://goonj.org/page_id=36/index.html
- July'16:CNBC TV18 Young Turks Change Agent award to Anshu Gupta
- July15: Ramon Magsaysay Award to Mr. Anshu Gupta, Founder Goonj for Transforming giving as a developmental approach.
- Nov'14: Goonj wins Deutsche Bank Urban Age Award.
- Aug'14: Asia's leading English magazine 'The Top 10 of Asia' featured Mr. Anshu Gupta, Founder Goonj among Asia's top 10 social entrepreneurs.
- July'14: Goonj is one amongst 'The Purpose Economy 100 Asia' list.
- July'14: Goonj chosen among 100 leading Global Green Innovations of The prestigious think tank SUSTAINIA
- Feb'14: Goonj gets a place among The World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in India in a listing by Fast Company
- Nov'12: 'Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award to Anshu Gupta, Founder Goonj, by Schwab Foundation
- July'12: GOONJ chosen as 'Game Changing Innovation' by NASA and US State Dept.
- June'12: GDN Japanese Award for Most Innovative Development Project
- Feb'12: GOONJ won Edelgive award in health & well- being category.
- Nov'10: Anshu Gupta listed in international Forbes magazine as one of India's most powerful rural entrepreneurs.
Fund Utilisation Statement
To support Goonj’s work across remote villages; help address ignored basic needs of villages like school material, sanitary pads, woolens & logistical costs in sustaining urban, rural operations.