An empowered and inclusive community, points to a future in which there is greater equity for neglected sections specifically people with disabilities, elderly population and other disadvantaged groups
Work and Achievements
Since 1994, MI has been working with People with Disability (PWD) and all other stakeholders like Government, Individual Partners, Parents and Community - empowering and enabling them to integrate with the mainstream through:
- Education & Training: We ensure all the children in our project areas undergo inclusive education, get formal and non-formal vocational training
- Rehabilitation Services: Where people with disabilities can access good rehabilitation and assistive technology to achieve a good quality of life.
- Promoting Inclusive Communities towards Sustainable Development: Assist in poverty reduction, creating opportunities for people with disabilities to have access to health, education, livelihood, social & economic empowerment through partners.
- Research, Develop & Advocacy: appropriate Assistive Technology and improving its access at an affordable cost & follow Incheon Strategy to “Make the Right Real” for persons with disabilities
Mobility India has been recognised & awarded for:
- National award for ‘Outstanding Work in the Creation of Barrier Free Environment for Persons with Disabilities’ by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Department of Disability Affairs, Government of India.
- 1st in ‘The Enable Makeathon’ for low cost pre-fabricated Twin device -organized by The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
- Certificate of Merit for contributions and philanthropic activities at the National CSR Leadership Congress & Awards, instituted by World CSR Day and World Sustainability organisation
- 1st in professional category- best innovation award for our low cost pre-fabricated Twin device at 5th International Conference of Physical Therapy (INCPT) held at AIIMS, New Delhi
Fund Utilisation Statement
Donations will add valuable support by funding assistive devices such as calipers artificial limbs, wheelchairs, special chairs and other mobility devices.