India Cares Foundation, along with Rotaract Vidyaranyapura joins hands with the Karnataka Civil Defence(Div 13)Team working towards Kodagu Flood Rescue. Volunteers from Rotaract in Vidyaranyapura will be coordinating the collection of materials at Indoor Stadium, Vidyaranyapura.
Madikeri, Haleri, Hobli are all the places rescue work has started..
Materials can be dropped at the Indoor Stadium, Vidyaranyapura, which is the collection point but please pack in cartons separately as below categories that will help in faster and organized distribution:
- Food - Rusk (No Bread ), Biscuits (No cream biscuits), Water (ONLY 20 ltrs cans ), Rice, Sugar, Salt, Tea/coffee powder, Pulses, Packed provisions, , Match boxes, Milk Tetrapacks/ Powder
- Clothing - Men, Women and Childrens clothing and is giving used clothes, please note they need to washed and packed nicely.
- Toiletries and Sanitary - Mosquito repellents/Odomos, Bleaching powder/ lime powder, Baby Diapers, Adult Diapers, Sanitary napkins, Toothpaste, Tooth brushes, Body soap, Washing soap,
- Medicines - ORS packets/ electrolytes, Water purifying chlorine tablets, Dettol, Candles, Diabeties tablets, Antiseptic lotion, Anti fungal powder, Paracetamol, antibiotics, cold relief tablets
- Essentials - Bedsheets, Sleeping mats, Blankets, raincoat, solar lamps, power banks, Tarpaulin Sheets, Torches, Batteries
The rescue and rehabilitation is divided into 3 phases
- 1st phase rescue and centralizing.
- 2nd phase when water starts receding and chances of disease is high.
- 3rd phase rehabilitation where citizens affected go back home and have to restart.
For details connect to Mr Shastri of BEL School - 98453 00557 & Mrs Victoria 99721 51111