CRY- Child Rights and You
• To enable people to take responsibility for the situation of the deprived Indian child and so motivate them to seek resolution through individual and collective action thereby enabling children to realize their full potential • To make people discover their potential for action and change • To enable peoples’ collectives and movements encompassing diverse segments, to pledge their particular strengths, working in partnership to secure, protect and honour the rights of India’s children.
Work and Achievements
Child Rights and You (CRY) is an Indian NGO that works towards ensuring happier childhoods for underprivileged children, across the country. CRY works with the most marginalized children within their families, communities and societies to bring about a permanent change in their lives.
For 40 years, CRY has worked in 23 states and changed the lives of 3 million children for the better. CRY works to identify the root causes that keep children away from proper education, healthcare, nutrition and a safe and secure environment to grow up in. By finding solutions to those causes, CRY ensures happier childhoods and a brighter future for these children.
Our impact in 2017-18:
· Children impacted: 364,818
· Children in schools: 182,222
· Children under the age of one immunised: 10,114
· Children severely acute malnourished brought back to normal condition: 2,791
· Villages made free from child labour: 804
Fund Utilisation Statement
The funds raised through YOUR support will ensure education, healthcare, nutrition and keep children safe and protected in intervention areas across the country