AADI - Action for Ability Development and Inclusion
A world in which People with Disability are an integral part of the society with equitable access to opportunities and services, enabling them to participate fully in the community and live life to the fullest.
Work and Achievements
AADI started as a small center for children with Cerebral Palsy in 1978. Its vision is of an enabling world in which people with disability are acknowledged as a form of human diversity and are able to live with dignity, make all decisions about life; pursue equal opportunities; belong and contribute to families and communities.
AADI has a strong urban/rural presence and works with a rights based, cross disability, life span approach through Capacity Building, Research, Advocacy to create an enabling society.
Key achievements through the years
- Provided opportunities for education to 3000 children and mainstreamed 1000 children
- Trained 3500 teachers, special educators and therapists
- Sensitized 20,000 people through workshops and orientation programs
- Facilitated employment opportunities for more than 600 people
- Influenced training courses and programs of National Bodies
- Conducted research in Inclusive education, disability and development
- Developed papers for XI and XII Plans
- Significant contributions to the Draft Bill on Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Key role in developing identification tools and training enumerators for Census 2011
A democratic approach in governance, transparency of operations and accounts, compliance to statutory requirements, diverse and contemporary systems of reporting have contributed to AADI being a respected, reliable and credible organization. Our journey has been made possible with the active support of all our partners – people with disabilities, families, professionals, donors, volunteers, friends and staff at AADI.
Fund Utilisation Statement
The fund raised will help in facilitating rehabilitation services for people with disability ranging from educational support to medical and care giving support.