Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) India
Established in 1998, we are a not-for- profit organisation working to build a society motivated to give ever more effectively and help transform lives, and communities across India.Number of beneficiaries served via CAF programmes IN 2016-17, is in excess of 6 Lakh in 19 States in 58 districts.
Work and Achievements
Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) India has always recognised the importance of skill development and has worked hard towards it. Skill development and livelihood support is critical for the economic development of any nation. Some of our projects related to skilling have been advanced providing training like tailoring, small vocational training, IT-enabled training, livelihood income generation/ entrepreneurship support, green skilling, art and craft skilling and support, assistance to small scale business, beautician courses and placements through our NGO partners. Through the Kaushal India campaign, you can support vocational skills such as computer and IT skills, agriculture-based livelihood, housekeeping, entrepreneur training, customer relations, mechanic training. We are also working on providing work-place skills like basic computer skills, office management, English language, using the internet and training in acquiring soft skills like writing skills, voice training, improving communication skills, among many other skills-sets.
Objectives of Association
To be able to raise funds: -
• To provide livelihood opportunities through skill enhancement and vocational training
• To add value by way of soft skills and preparedness for the job markets
• Promote gender equality and empower women to share and shoulder equal opportunities with men by providing training on trades designed specifically for women and girls
• Training strong community leaders
• Young boys and girls from marginalized communities (age between 18-25 years)
• People with different abilities (inclusions)
• Youth (under graduate college/senior secondary students)
• Secondary Education Dropouts
Modes of contributing
You can choose to donate online here towards skill development OR You can send a check in favor of ‘Charities Aid Foundation India’.
Fund Utilisation Statement
Through Kaushal India campaign, we are providing skill enhancement and vocational training for the youth from marginalized communities.Our aim is to make them able to lead their communities in future.