The Akshaya Patra Foundation
The Akshayapatra Foundation works in a PPP Model with the Central and State Governments serving 1.6 million school children every day in more than 13,000 Schools in 28 locations of 12 states of India.
Work and Achievements
To introduce, we are a public not-for-profit trust working in 12 states of India for the “Unlimited Food For Education” program and catering to 1.6 million children every day in more than 13,000 schools striving to promote ‘’Universalization of Primary Education’’ through increase in school enrolment and attendance. Our mission is to serve 5 million children everyday by 2020.
Major Activities & Achievements PAN India
- Akshaya patra Gujarat participated and provided training on Food Safety and hygiene to approximately 75,000 cook-cum Helpers of the entire Gujarat region through Satellite Broadcasting system at Bisag.
- Awareness and volunteer engagement events like Under One Sky- a docu- drama, Click a Smile- a photography contest, Click it Write-a photo-bloggers meet, wall of Hope and Joy- a photo exhibition, and Outride Hunger- a bikers event were successfully conducted.
- The Kids for Kids programme was launched in Guwahati, providing children from reputed school to join hands with Akshaya Patra and support the beneficiaries.
- A Computer distribution programme was launched in Hyderabad with the support of Infosys Technologies.
Achievements of Financial Year 2016-17:
The Mid-Day Meal Scheme has shown many positive Changes in Area of Primary Education. Substantial improvements have been witnessed in:
- Padma Sri Award to Chairman, Akshaya Patra in recognition of the program’s impact
- Nikkei Asia Award, 2016 for Sustainable Development in Asia
- We received other prestigious awards like the Best Mid-Day Meal Provider award, Continued Commitment to Operational Excellence Award, Food Safety 2013 Award, and excellent Service in Mid-Day Meal award.
- Only NGO to be inducted in the Hall of Fame in ICAI Awards for Excellence in Financial Reporting.
- 'Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise' at CII Knowledge Summit 2015 and we are globally ranked at 21st by Global Journal.
Fund Utilisation Statement
We shall allocate the funds raised in the ADHM to feed the children across our Network of Government Schools.