To make quality education accessible & affordable to the rural poor children.
Work and Achievements
Isha Vidhya, an education outreach initiative of Isha Foundation (under a separate trust, Isha Education), provides high quality school education to rural children who cannot otherwise access or afford it. Isha Vidhya’s English-medium schools open the door for rural children to successfully pursue higher studies and gainful employment. The holistic, activity-based approach nurtures children’s development beyond just academics, ensuring that students realize their full potential and learn in a joyful environment.
Currently running 9 rural schools (8 in TN in districts of Coimbatore, Erode, Salem, Cuddalore, Villupuram, Tuticorin, Nagercoil & Dharmapuri, 1 in AP in Chittoor Dt.), creating a bright future for 7,115 children.
- Many of the students are first-generation school-goers.
- Actively promote education of female children (46% are girls) by visiting villages.
- About 61% of the students are supported by full tuition scholarships. The rest pay a subsidised fee & counselling parents of girls to send their children to our schools and by providing proper toilet facilities for girls.
- Transforming parental attitudes to education & increasing educational awareness in rural communities while striving to preserve village identities and culture highlights.
- Infrastructure by way of clean and spacious classrooms.
- Science, maths and computer labs, digital classroom, library, playground and play equipment.
- Education beyond literacy and rudimentary skills by following a holistic approach o Attention to sports, arts & crafts, environmental awareness, health and yoga.
- Balanced mid-day meals containing proteins and salt fortified with 7 micro-nutrients o for most children, this is the only wholesome meal of the day.
- Most students learn even basic hygiene only in the school student teacher ratio is 18:1, with special care for slow learners.
Fund Utilisation Statement
Funds raised through this year will be utilized for scholarships for the students in Isha Vidhya schools, classrooms and infrastructure in Isha Vidhya schools; Learning Aids, computers, LCD projectors