Pragati focuses on providing quality primary education to under privileged children in gurgaon area.
Work and Achievements
Pragati - A School for Underprivileged Children in the Gurgaon.
The Pragati School’s primary objective is to foster a learning environment and provide quality education to its students to ensure their overall development enabling them to make better choices in life. Pragati’s USP: It is a ‘walk in’ school with an open door policy. Identification papers, previous education records are not mandatory and its doors are open to children of all ages and backgrounds. Pragati, today, has approximately 380 students on its roll and located in 3 school buildings.
- Quality education up to Class 5
- Supplements the mid day meal with milk fruit and egg
- Computer Literacy
- Coaching for class 5 students for placements in prestigious schools
- Others - Special English conversation classes, Art/craft classes, Educational trips, Annual Day, Sports Day etc, Weekly visit by a doctor and counsellor
- Student drop-out ratio decreased from 20% to 13%
- Today almost 100% students continue education after 5th standard
Mindset change of parents through counselling
- Parents’ attendance in PTA has improved from 15% to 90%
- Improved girl: boy ratio from 30:70 to 40:60
A safe environment to the children with support, supervision and compassion.
Fund Utilisation Statement
Providing Infrastructure, Scholarship for student, Teachers salary, Corpus fund for pragati