DART - Dystrophy Annihilation Research Trust
DART is working towards achieving a realistic treatment option to alleviate and reverse the dystrophy condition at the genetic level which will not lengthen but also enhance the quality of life of the affected children.
Work and Achievements
Dystrophy Annihilation Research Trust [DART] is a unique organization in the sense that it is probably the only Research lab in India focusing on finding a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD). DART was founded and funded by parents of kids having this debilitating disease.
- Established a state of the art Research & Development center in Bangalore, a DSIR certified by Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt of India.
- Started an activity center (DART Studio) for Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation.
- Developing personalized medicine using cutting edge Antisense Technology.
- Raising awareness about DMD all over the INDIA by conducting Physiotherapy camps, Master Muscle Marathon/Walkathon etc.
- Bring hope to thousands of families affected by this debilitating disease.
Scientists at DART are working towards achieving a realistic treatment option to alleviate and reverse the dystrophy condition at the genetic level which will not lengthen but also enhance the quality of life of the affected children.
We are on the threshold of a major revolution in genetic therapy that will not only help kids with DMD but all those with monogenetic disorders in the future.
Fund Utilisation Statement
All funds raised will be used to support our research to ensure a safe and secure treatment for DMD.