OBLF - One Billion Literates Foundation
Equality in Education through English for All & Women Empowerment through financial independence, Anekal, Bangalore
Work and Achievements
One Billion Literates Foundation strives to bridge the urban-rural divide by providing quality education to rural children through use of latest technology. Children attending rural Government Primary schools are taught basic English Language and Computer skills, to give them an equal opportunity for gaining meaningful employment on reaching adulthood.
- OBLF – a Registered Charitable Trust, was founded in 2010, with 80G exemption, 12 A Certificate and FCRA Registration.
- Goal - To enable underprivileged children to gain meaningful employment on reaching adulthood.
- Path - Teaching English and computer skills to children of Rural Government Primary schools.
- Strategy – To train and employ Rural women from the same communities to impart the above skills.
- Impact – Currently we are impacting the lives of over 2500 rural children and 50+ rural women in 45 rural govt primary schools.
- Modus Operandi -
- Sign MOU with State Education Department.
- Adopt Rural Govt. Primary schools with available infrastructure.
- Involve community through employment of local women.
- USP - Cost per child less than Rs.3K p.a. & Management costs well under 5 %.
- Measurable Outcomes of the impact of our intervention.
For FCRA donations, please directly contact Ruby Kamdin - Director at email@example.com or call on +91 9632600650
Fund Utilisation Statement
The Funds generated will be for expenses on teaching basic English and Computer skills under our School Adoption Program in the Rural areas of Anekal Taluk, Bangalore