AMEND - Association for the Mentally Disabled
No 441, 2nd Main Road,
C.K Achcut, BSK 3rd StageE,
- Contact Person: Mr Devaraje Gowda
- Phone: 7829446611 Mobile: 8050253194
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide support through Self Help Group for families and persons with mental illness
Work and Achievements
Diagnosis of mental illness in a member of a family is devastating. The family needs emotional support and guidance to cope with this stituation that will go on for many many years.
AMEND members are comprised of families who have Persons with Mental iIlness (PMI), who meet once a month to share and learn from each other's experience on diverse themes such as medication, side effects, problems in medicine management, marriage and related issues to build a positive environment for both the person suffering from mental illness and the family.
AMEND also provides:
- Information on benefits and entitlements for Persons with Mental Ilness (PMI) in Karnataka
- Training program and group sessions for member families
- Personal calls and enquires are handled
- Introduction to Therapists
AMEND provides a very important service to the soceity by supporting the family members of mental illness patients as they have to cope with the day to day life of the PMI and also the rest of the family within our society norms.
AMEND has received a 'Distinguished Service Award' from the Indian Psychiatric Society (Karnataka state branch) for their pioneering work.
Fund Utilisation Statement
Funds will help set up a 'Home' for Persons with Mental Illness, day care centre and residential home.